Re: Top 5 things that aren't in Debian but should be :-)

Dan Shearer wrote:

> So what, in your opinion, are the technologies (or significant packages)
> which should be in Debian but are not?

My top three technology issues are:

* Cryptographically secured installation of packages (and security
  upgrades)

(Has been implemented for years in one way or other, but only made its
way into experimental very recently.)

* All network services bind to localhost only by default

(OpenBSD is doing that with great success, Microsoft too.)

* A closely reviewed set of root certification authorities

(Currently, the source of our certificates and why we include them seems
to be rather unclear.)