Re: Debian registering with LANANA?

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 01:20:49AM +0200, Leonard Norrgard wrote:
> Looking at this list, I expected to see Debian on it:

> http://www.lanana.org/lsbreg/providers/providers.txt

Why is it beneficial to our users to be on this list?  I'm pretty sure
that Debian will never be providing LSB packages, so why does it need an
LSB namespace assigned to it?

The toplevel init.d/cron.d/etc. namespace on Debian systems should be
under Debian's direct control, not subject to an unnecessary external
bureaucracy.  It seems perfectly reasonable for LSB packages installed
on Debian systems to be confined to a namespace, which seems entirely
possible with the present implementation.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer