Re: Change Password with chpasswd@db.debian.org

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Matthew Palmer wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 06:01:08PM -0600, Adam F. Rogoyski wrote:
> >    I have emailed this account many times and no one responds.  Someone
> > please let me know what I need to do.  I cannot logon to upload packages
> > or to the db.debian.org web page anymore.
>
> I can't help you with db.debian.org, but you can upload packages using anon
> FTP to ftp-master.debian.org/pub/UploadQueue.  Faster than scp, too.
>
> BTW, the e-mailed response looks (to this very untrained eye) to be
> indicating that it can't work out which key to encrypt the response back to
> you.  Your key didn't get removed for being left on a debian.org machine,
> did it?

Then it wouldn't whine about not bein able to encrypt the new password,
it would complain that it didn't even find a key matching the
fingerprint in the database while verifying the sig.

I guess it may have to do with the fact that Adam has a v3 key (old
pgp2.6 style), but it's hard to tell without direct access.

Peter
    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal