Re: Soliciting "I need these everywhere I go" package lists from Debian admins

On Saturday January 24 at 05:58pm
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo <jsogo@debian.org> wrote:

> > > ntp
> > > ntpdate
> >
> > It would be nice to have some default servers. Perhaps one of the
> > Debian machines is an ntp server, and could be the default?
>
>  pool.ntp.org [0]
>
>  It's a pool of ntp servers, so no one is overloaded.

An awesome concept. When I first tried to use ntp, I had a bitch of a
time finding servers. Eventually I did find some, and now just ssh to my
server and grab /etc/ntp.conf each time I install a new box. But the
pool is a much better way.

--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: Poison Idea - Just To Get Away : Punk-O-Rama (Vol. 2)