Re: Non-free package licenses and replacements

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:
> In linux.debian.legal, Niklas Vainio <niklas.vainio@iki.fi> writes:

>> Now I'm asking for suggestions for replacements and comments on whether
>> some packages should be either moved to main or removed completely
>> because of the license or what kind of changes to the license we could
>> suggest to upstream.

>> The page is at http://www.iki.fi/nvainio/debian/non-free.html
[...]
> [libmotif3, libmotif-dev]
> Replaced for most applications by lesstif, which is already in main.

Iirc lesstif only provides limited compatibiliy (Only motif1?),
however I am currently unable support this with facts.

[...]
> [qmail-src]
> Postfix and Exim are the obvious replacements to recommend.

courier-mta might be a better suggestion, it is more similar to qmail.
                  cu andreas
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_