Re: (forw) Debconf abuse by several packages

Quoting Henning Makholm (henning@makholm.net):

> As far as I read the table it's not even a question but an "useless
> note". And lo: when I do dpkg-reconfigure ssh, the only thing that
> happens with priority "high" is the *note* ssh/privsep_tell:

Yes, this is the one which shows up.

> This looks like a clear candidate for README.Debian rather than a
> debconf note.

Or a debconf note, but at lower priority. Remember that debconf notes
have a big advantage : a good working framework exists for translating
them and show them translated to users. README.Debian do not (though
one may use README.xx.Debian files).