Re: Remote monitoring [was: Re: Unidentified subject!]

On Tuesday January 20 at 01:26pm
Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> wrote:

> > Another solution would be to export /proc via NFS, but that seems to
> > impose quite much overhead.
>
> That doesn't work. An NFS-exported /proc is empty (at least in the
> case I've seen, an NFS-exported / which included /proc).

Would that be because NFS was unwilling to transverse partitions? I've
had problems exporting /path/to, where I could not see the contents of
/path/to/other because it was another filesystem. (hda1 on /path/to and
hda2 on /path/to/other)
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: Fingertight - Shut Up : In The Name Of Progress