Re: The stable/testing/unstable branches not a solution ?

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 09:53:16AM -0600,
 Joel Konkle-Parker <jjk3@msstate.edu> wrote
 a message of 58 lines which said:

> I would do it differently. What about the following:
>

> unstable base         unstable add-ons

Just a reminder: Debian is not the only free OS. Every proposal for
Debian should be, IMHO, backed by a serious analysis of the free OS
that already implemented this proposal and the issues it raised.

For instance, FreeBSD has a small base and many "add-ons" (called
"ports") and it makes a lot of interesting problems too (such as the
religious and never-ending debate, "Should Perl be in base?").