Re: Top 5 things that aren't in Debian but should be :-)

Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 08:29:56AM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 12:20:21PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr
>> - Debian Project Leader wrote:
>>
>> > * Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> [2004-01-11 21:58]:
>> >
>> > We will share a developer's room with some Free Java people at
>> > FOSDEM [1] who are very interested in working with us to move our
>> > Java packages from contrib to main.  Arnaud Vandyck, who maintains
>> > a large number of Java packages in contrib, is already in contact
>> > with them and will be at FOSDEM.
>> >
>> > [1] http://www.debian.org/events/2004/0221-fosdem
>>
>> This sounds interesting; perhaps someone could send a short summary
>> of the activities there after the meeting is over.
>
> That's already planned for (although extra help in that area certainly
> is appreciated :)

We'll make some documents to explain what have been said (we have some
debian-java maintainers who will not be able to come to Belgium
from... Japan, Australia... ;)

But there is some documents to start the process of MovingJavaToMain! ;)
http://java.debian.net/index.php/MovingJavaToMain

And different projects the debian-java team is working on:
http://java.debian.net/

--
  .''`.
 : :' :rnaud