Re: Removal of libtool1.4

Scripsit Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org>

> If you generate all the necessary files before uploading, put them
> in your source package, and don't use anything from the libtool1.4
> package in your build process, why should you need to build-depend on
> libtool1.4? This was Henning's example.

Yes. I have started a script to find out how common that is; it
downloads every source packages in unstable and checksif they
include a ltmain.sh file, and, if so, which version it is.

It's limited by my ADSL line, so I expect it to take at least a day
and possibly several days until it finishes. If anyone wants to beat
me to an answer, feel free to grab my scripts from
http://henning.makholm.net/debian/checklibtool.tar.gz

In the ten minutes or so since I started the script, it has found
traces of libtool 1.4 in
  3dwm
  a52dec
  abiword
neither of which build-depends on any version of libtool.

It also found libtool 1.3 (!) in aalib.

--
Henning Makholm       "`Update' isn't a bad word; in the right setting it is
                 useful. In the wrong setting, though, it is destructive..."