Re: [multiarch] Proposal for *-dev packages

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 19:26, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> 3. support binaries in the -dev package
>
> I'm thinking about gtk-config, sdl-config, kde-config, ...
> Are all of those scripts or are there some compiled programs in hte
> mix?
>
> I suggest splitting any binary programms (if there are any) out into a
> -helper package and have the -dev depend on them.

I have 46 *-config installed, and all of them are scripts.
And they also are being gradually replaced by pkg-config (.pc) files[0]

[0] http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig/

--
Isaac Clerencia  | Using Debian GNU/Linux | JID: isaaccp@jabber.org
 Alternativas libres :: http://alts.homelinux.net