Re: Top 5 things that aren't in Debian but should be :-)

> I do not want to have a killed process if I change from
> runlevel to runlevel.

Then implement wish #30659.  Shouldn't be hard.

> I want a daemon to create the link [...]

A daemon??

> This common way should have a DEFAULT_STARTUP="NO/YES" and a specific
> startup flag per daemon (KDM_STARTUP="NO/YES") so a daemon which has
> not been defined in the config file with its name will follow the
> default.
>
> Also, a way to have those links in rcX.d which will not react to
> runlevel changes but will react, if started manually, to rc0.d and
> rc6.d

I do not share your desire to make the init system more complex.

If you do not want to play with symlinks directly then you can use a
high level configuration tool.  Or write some scripts.  Or use another
init system.

--
Thomas