Re: Upcoming Debian multiarch support (amd64, sparc64, s390x, mips64) [affects sarge slightly]

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 00:09, Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 07:15:59PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > You also get a split for bug reports.
>
> We already cope with that; see libc6/libc6.1. Don't think that's a
> problem at all.

It would be nice at some point if the BTS could have cross-package
merged reports, but I suspect that's more of a headache than its worth.

> > An error in the libc6 postinst
> > would be reported against libc6 and lib64c6 but both use the same
> > postinst file.
>
> Yep. *shrug*

Assuming everything in /usr/lib gets magically moved to /usr/lib64 by
dpkg, what if the postinst (run after the magic moving) fiddles in
/usr/lib ?  You'd have to rewrite postinst as well, in which case it's
no longer the same postinst file after all.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?