Re: Debian Debconf Translation proposal ( again )

Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 18:35:41 +0100

=46rom the point of view of a KDE translator and a Debian user, I would lik=
e to=20
point other advatages of the KDE translation system :

=2D Having a centralized place with all the strings and translations makes =
it=20
possible to create a dictionary. We have an automatic function to translate=
 a=20
technical term or a new string if it has been already translated. This=20
function has done a lot to improve the consistency of our translations in=20
3.2.

=2D The very nice graphical application KBabel makes it very easy to a newb=
ie to=20
start translating. You don't have to learn Emacs or understand several=20
scripts before translating. Debian will attract more translators if the=20
project lower the entry barrier.

It would be nice if Debian becomes truly international and if the conservat=
ism=20
of native-English speakers maintainers who don't really care about=20
internationalization could be overcome.

Cheers,
Charles
=2D-=20