Re: python again

On Sunday 04 Jan 2004 1:18 pm, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> * Marc Haber
>
> | Butter bei die Fische: How do I build a policy conformant pythonX.Y
> | that allows to run a recent Mailman on woody _without_ having to build
> | all other pythonX.Y packages, and _without_ having to recompile
> | reportbug, python-apt, dput and apt-listchanges.
>
> Why do you want a newer python?  Mailman works fine using the version
> in woody, if you apply the patch I posted to the list here a few days
> ago.

At my previous place of work our app was written in Python and deployed on
Debian. We had a requirement to move to python2.3 (improved memory allocator,
additional modules, modest speed increase, etc.), but we were using woody, so
all I could honestly say was "wait for sarge". sarge of course is not near a
release, as I understand it, and brings it's own problems. A python2.3 and
libraries for woody would be a nice thing to have.