Re: udev and /sys mounting [was: mounting tmpfs (and sysfs) defaultly in sarge?]

At Tue, 30 Dec 2003 02:39:52 +0900,
GOTO Masanori wrote:
> At Thu, 25 Dec 2003 16:02:10 +0900,
> GOTO Masanori wrote:
> > OK... now I intend to add mounting usbfs/usbdevfs into
> > /etc/init.d/mountkernfs, if kernel supports it.  All
> > usb/kernel/hardware related packagers, any objections?
>
> I've put it in.

I discussed with Miquel van Smoorenburg (initscripts maintainer) that
he would to integrate this mount operation from
/etc/init.d/mountkernfs (in glibc package) to
/etc/rcS.d/S35mountall.sh (in initscripts package) or so.

I basically agreed his idea because this mount operation in
/etc/init.d/devpts.sh or /etc/init.d/mountkernfs are not glibc related
issue.  All mount operations should be integrated into one package.  I
think Miquel will mail this issue soon in detail.

So I think it's good idea to wait releasing newer glibc package to sid
before our discussion reaches an agreement, because my mountkernfs
works are still included in the current debian glibc cvs.

Regards,
-- gotom