Re: Re: Water and Fire (was: MIA, Incompetent and holiday-loving maintainers)

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 12:43:41AM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> which occasionally break in Sid.  Put it this way: I don't want to risk
> PAM, my video driver, or glibc breaking, so I don't run sid.

ah, none of that stuff has broken for me, AFACT
currently the only thing I have on hold is a2ps
I just must not use much stuff or not use it enough where I notice
what's broken

> Perhaps you would prefer it if I said "difficult enough to be annoying"
> rather than "very difficult"?

Actually I believed you when you said "very difficult" I just didn't
have any first-hand experience of that; my experience is "almost always
works 100%, except every other month one package breaks and when gnome
or kde changes it's kind of a big hassle but I live through it"
I assumed you were having a vastly different experience and I thought I
was just ignorant :-)