Re: debsums for maintainer scripts

On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 02:24, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	I am (probably) getting a Zaurus for christmas this year. I
>  would like to run Debian on it.  You think that the PDA has gobs of
>  disk space to throw around?

I think if you're worried about an extra few bytes per file from
md5sums, you're crazy, unless you've already saved space by doing the
following:
      * rm -Rf /usr/share/doc
      * recompile everything with -Os
      * replace glibc with, e.g., uclibc
      * build a minimal librarty set with mklibs.py
      * etc.

The space savings from the above would dwarf the space savings from
rm -f /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.md5sums.