Re: debsums for maintainer scripts

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 16:50:19 +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> said:

> Well, there are not really sides here. But again:

> - I want md5sums to be stored in the local filesystem, I don't
>   really care
> if they are inside the debs or not, as long as it's standard
> procedure and nobody has to hack apt.conf, dpkg or what else to have
> this. If we cannot provide a standard configuration for apt that
> regenerates this information then our only bet is md5sum files
> inside the debs.

	And I do _NOT_ want to waste the space on my zaurus (I am
 trying to be a good boy, santa) with on disk md5sum files. So by all
 means craft a standard configuration for apt that regenerates this
 information on demand.

> - I want md5sums information provided in a off-site way by ftp sites
>   and
> mirrors so I can compare it against the local database and against
> the files in the disk. Again, this could be generated by extracting
> the whole archive and running md5sum over the archive or (easier) by
> extracting the md5sums files from the .debs and putting them
> together.

	I am fine with the former.

	manoj

--
Fast ship?  You mean you've never heard of the Millennium Falcon? Han
Solo