Re: Bits from the RM

On 20031201T144509+1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> 	* #208646 - grep-dctrl - Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho
> 	  unspecified problems with version in unstable, should take
> 	  "a couple of days" to fix, no activity since September

The "unspecified problems" are mainly recorded in the other open bugs
against that package.  The main issue is that the rewrite is not yet as
good quality-wise as the old version (which is in testing), and thus I'd
prefer to release the old version instead of the new one unless I am
able to fix the  new one in time.  The current unstable version probably
does not belong in unstable according to the "new" definition of what
unstable is, but the rewrite went in a week or two before the new
definition was published, and I haven't had the energy to arrange having
the old version again in unstable and then uploading the new one to
experimental (when I have that kind of energy, I'd prefer to put it to
fixing the new package).

That said, it has been too long since I last looked at grep-dctrl.  I'll
try to fix that "in a couple of days" :)  I can only say that my
teaching duties have exhausted me during the autumn.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Debian developer   http://www.iki.fi/gaia/