Re: [debian enterprise] sub-project planning

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 05:46, David B Harris wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:12:52 -0500
> Andres Salomon <dilinger@voxel.net> wrote:
> > I have discussed this sub-project extensively at Voxel, and we are
> > willing to commit to seeing this idea through - in a manner that allows
> > the Debian community to benefit from resources that we put into it. We
> > are willing to provide developmental resources (Voxel is more than
> > willing to pay me to head up this sub-project), hardware, legal
> > resources, bandwidth, and hosting, with development happening under the
> > Debian moniker.  We are also researching the possibility of 24/7
> > commercial support for enterprise clients, as that is a large part of
> > what companies want (both for technical support, as well as someone to
> > blame when something goes wrong).
>
> Up until this portion of the email, I was thinking, "oh yeah, this
> sounds good, and get a big company involved too - like HP or IBM."
>
> Any thoughts on that? Anybody from HP or IBM here want to weigh in?

My primary thought wrt making money from Free Software - make as much as
we possibly can - at least that's my goal, so that I can provide for
myself and my family, and (in the future) work on more Free Software
projects.

> P.S.: I'm willing to put work into the debix/FAI-type stuff.

Heh-heh! Good to hear.

regards
zenaan

--