Re: Demudi.org

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Andrea Glorioso wrote:
>     zh> and debian-multimedia (which  I   am on) was kind  of   moving
>     zh> forward on the implementation.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here.
>
> The original idea I discussed  with Guenter Geiger and Marco Trevisani
> was that debian-multimedia would  be a proper Debian subproject, while
> DeMuDi would  somewhat follow different  routes (for example,  we have
> different packages for Jack, albeit based on the great work by Junichi
> Uekawa and Robert Jordens) and we release with a different timetable
> than Debian proper.

I think I have to clear up some misconceptions here. At the beginning of
this year I stopped packaging for demudi directly, and put all my
packaging effort into making packages for Debian proper.
I did not say that I am launching a Debian multimedia subproject, I just
said I would support whoever wants to do so. (Obviously nobody did yet)
So please stop referring to me as the driving force behind Debian
multimedia, because I just do not have the time nor the motivation,
knowledge or talent for doing that.

I am happy that the debian-multimedia list is what it is. A list for
discussing multimedia applications and its special needs for Debian. If
Demudi can profit from the work we are doing there, then it is good and
what I hoped that it would be.

Guenter