Re: Exec-Shield vs. PaX

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 12:28:51AM -0600, Graham Wilson wrote:

| Please, guys, don't have your discussion here. I don't think we really
| care about the differences between PaX and exec-shield. Debian is not,
| and, to the best of my knowledge, will not, choose one for its kernels,
| so there is no need to prove that one or the other is better.

Why should it not?  If Pax or Exec-shield can be added to the kernel
without breaking things, and provide better protection against some
types of security holes than a default kernel, then surely there is a
case to be made for including one or the other in the stock Debian
kernel.

("Without breaking things" is the tricky bit here, of course.)

Cameron.