Re: A case study of a new user turned off debian

On Nov 04, Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:

 >On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 01:53:36AM -0600, Chris Cheney wrote:
 >> It would be helpful if Debian could even be installed on machines newer
 >> than about 2 years old. Neither my KT400 based machine nor my i875P
 >> based machine could be installed using the standard Debian
 >> boot-floppies. I had to resort to using Knoppix with debootstrap.
 >>
 >> So no Debian stable really is not an option for a large portion of
 >> users.
 >
 >I challenge the assertion that this affects a large portion of users.
I can report I had the same problem with two other KT400-based
workstations. The kernel (both plain and bf24) would panic at boot or
break shortly after.

00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8377 [KT400 AGP] Host Bridge

--
ciao, |
Marco | [2889 diFNHN2DNpWWo]