Re: 2.5 IPsec kernel patch: orphaning the grsecurity patch

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 07:05:56PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:

> also sprach Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> [2003.10.11.0554 +0200]:
> > People care more about some things than others.  Given a choice between
> > IPsec in Debian kernels by default and being able to apply grsecurity to
> > Debian kernel source, I'd take IPsec anyday.
>
> Well, I would do it the other way. And if there was a patch for
> IPsec just like there is for grsecurity, we could both have our
> ways.

We still can; you just have to do a little work, either to port the patch
(apparently too difficult), or to revert the portions of the IPsec patch
which cause problems for grsecurity.

In exchange, everyone else gets IPsec by default, which, to me, is worth it.

--
 - mdz