Re: Pre-Depends for postgresql

Hi Russell and all others,

On 2003-10-16 21:39 +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 19:00, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > The package postgresql needs to use 'adduser' and 'addgroup' in its
> > preinst script to properly save the current database before upgrading
> > (cf. Bug #180199). Therefore it should pre-depend on 'adduser'.
>
> Why would there be an issue on depending on a more important package?
>
> Having an optional/misc package pre-depend on an important/base package seems
> like a non-issue to me.

adduser is neither essential nor required, thus does not need to be
installed when installing postgres.  I'm not quite sure what you mean,
could you please explain this?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

P.S. No need to CC me, I'm subscribed (see mail-followup-to). Thanks.
--
Martin Pitt
home:  www.piware.de