Re: Quote: Debian and Democracy at Advocato.org

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 09:42:42PM +0200, Thomas Hood wrote:
> | On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 21:25, Daniel Ruoso wrote:
> | > I think this should be clearly discussed.
> |
> | Just to prevent any confusion I'll just point out that
> | the rant you quoted was authored by Eray Ozkural.
>
> Hmm.  I've heard that name mentioned before on this mailing list, in
> conjunction with phrases like "dick-head" and "will never be allowed
> into Debian."  Presumably there's a good reason for this animosity
> towards him; would someone mind enlightening me as to why?

You just need to ask http://lists.debian.org about it.

Basically, Eray was social trouble.  He proved to be able to disrupt the
mailing lists as nobody else had ever managed to.  It doesn't really matter
how, or why.  The end result was that his presence was considered
detrimental to the group by a large body of people, and quite vocally I
should add.

Obviously not everyone thought so.  But given the amount of people that were
quite angry with him, the DAM requested that 5 developers speak in his
behalf to aprove him.

He never did get 5 developers to speak on his behalf to the DAM, as far as I
know.

  Henrique Holschuh