Re: Debian should not modify the kernels!

also sprach Herbert Xu <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au> [2003.09.28.0510 +0200]:
> For example, the grsecurity patch has had a history of conflicts
> with various patches in the Debian kernel source.  Most of those
> patches that caused conflicts were in fact essential security
> fixes.  You can review this for yourself by visiting to the BTS
> entry for the grsecurity package.

If it's a small security fix, then I am willing to work that into
grsecurity. But I won't port grsecurity to a new IP stack nor the
other way around.

Also, please provide a reference to the history of conflicts of the
grsecurity patch. All the conflicts I have fixed were mainly related
to line offset shifts. I don't consider those conflicts.

`. `'`