Re: Ideas about allowing Co-maintainer

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 01:13:55PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> There is no point for me working on those bugs if the patches will
> just rod in the bts or be thrown out so as not to differ from
> upstream. As I said before I won't work on the debian package again
> without an assurance by the maintainer that he will look at it.

Have you tried working directly with upstream on these bugs?  I don't
know about the maintainer of util-linux but for me that would be the
most convenient way to handle something like this.  Forwarding things on
is not a problem but when there's a lot of work going on you may as well
cut out the middleman.