Re: Package verification and "/usr/bin/install" tool replacements

Kim Lester wrote:

Although debian packages may contain md5sums it seems package verification is
not available (unless I have missed something).

Although your proposition seems more complete, have you try
debsums and checksecurity?  debsums with the following
feature in /etc/apt/apt.conf

DPkg::Post-Invoke {
        "debsums --generate=nocheck -sp /var/cache/apt/archives";
};

Can be very handy in creating md5sums (BTW, I think it's a bug
against policy to include md5sums in control files).

Ciao!

Fabien