Re: Annoyances of aptitude (Was: Where are we now?) (Was: Bits from the RM)

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 17:20:11 +0200, Steve Greenland wrote:

> On 02-Oct-03, 21:59 (CDT), Daniel Burrows <dnb114@psu.edu> wrote:
>> It will never be off by default while I am a maintainer of the package,
>> unless someone gets me to change my mind (which I don't think is
>> likely; I already thought for a while about this before changing the
>> default to be "on")
>
> You might consider including a default filter so that the only
> candidates for automatic removal begin with 'lib' and don't end with
> '-dev'.

Huh? Don't fix things that aren't broken. For example, I don't care about
cpio, though I have that package installed because dpkg-dev depends on it.
Should I remove dpkg-dev one day, then I'd want cpio to leave, too. That's
why cpio has the auto flag on my system. It's simple, straightforward. We
don't need to discriminate against lib* packages.

--
Best Regards,  | Wer Windows-Rechner ins Internet lässt,
 Sebastian     | braucht nicht über SWEN stänkern!