Re: Debian should not modify the kernels!

also sprach Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> [2003.09.21.1431 +0200]:
> I see you are generating your kernel-patch with dh-kpatches. Yann
> Dirson recently added (in version 0.99.27) the possibility to
> provide two patches, one for the vanilla kernel, the other for the
> Debian kernel. The field to use is Debian-patch-file (you could
> find more details in the documentation).

Nice!

> I don't know if your patch is easily adaptable to the Debian
> kernel, but it could be a solution.

It is not easily adaptable, that's the point. So it's unfortunately
not a solution.

Thanks,

PS: Please don't CC me when replying to lists that I read. I request
that in the footer of every mail I sent, and Mail-Followup-To is
also set that way. You should configure your mutt to honour that.

http://rucus.ru.ac.za/docs/mutt/manual60.html

It's also policy on the Debian mailinglists.

`. `'`