Re: Howto tell dpkg to not trying to reinstall?

On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 12:16:10PM -0700, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> It installs everything except the initrd image because
> the script cannot find fstab, which there isn't
> because Knoppix creates that on the fly.
>
> The initrd image is not needed, Knoppix has its own.
> So everything went well.

To prevent the kernel package creating the initrd image on installation
(eg. because you plan to create an initrd image via another process):

man kernel-img.conf
(kernel-package package).

If like me, you can't see any option to disable generation of initrd
images, then:

reportbug kernel-image

;-)

> I cannot remove the package because that will remove
> my kernel also, and it is fine!

I am not sure why you would want to remove the package without removing
the kernel?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>