Re: alsa-tools

Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de> writes:

> Am 2003-09-06 14:39 +0200 schrieb Robert Epprecht:
>> Will alsa-tools be packaged for Debian?
>> I would appreciate that *very much*.
>
> There is currently no "request for packaging" for alsa-tools. If you
> would like to see it, then please do file such a bug for it. Please
> see http://bugs.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting how to do that or use
> reportbug (the recommended way). Please do not forget to include an
> upstream URL and a proper description.

OK, I'll probably do that, but will enquire first a bit more, and do
some more RTFM ;-)

> Small compiling issues might be sorted out when packaging it, but if
> the programs do not work properly, then they are probably not a good
> candidate for putting them into Debian.

I think the programs are ok, but my experience is not really up to the
task. But I'm slowly moving...

> Have a nice weekend!
Thanks a lot - and the same to you!
I'm looking forward to the day I can start recording music on the box
I'm trying to set up.  I don't think it will be this weekend, though...

Robert