Re: [Fwd: False Representation at Google.com]

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 01:26:00 -0400, Daniel Martin <martin@snowplow.org> said:

> Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org> writes:
>> On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 01:34:32AM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
>>> However, pulling that message from the list archives may be a good
>>> idea.  It's what Ava Driscoll asked for, and the big HTML links
>>> sure don't look good on the Debian pages.
>>
>> Debian is not in the habit of editing its history (mailing list
>> archives).  Don't start down that slope.

> So we have to keep the spam?  Is that really part of the history?

	I think so.  It shall help if someone tries to collect
 statistics on spam occurrence on the lists at a later date.

> (I suppose that people occasionally reply to spam sent to debian
> lists, and some of the resulting conversation is amusing, so
> perhaps)

	That too.

> So does anyone feel like running spamassassin retroactively over old
> mailing list archives, manually checking the results, and coming up
> with a list of stuff to wipe out?  Short of an exercise like that, I
> guess I can see where removing this spam could be something that
> would get pushed later.

	I would much rather we did not revise history based on what we
 consider acceptable messages to the mailing list.

	manoj
--
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Salvor Hardin