Re: How to use many (more than 6) button mouse devices?

I really don't think this is a subject for -devel, but...
Here is what works for me (i.e. X recognizes all the bells
and whistles on a 5 buttons + 2 wheels mouse,
I haven't configured them to do anything useful yet):

	Option		"Protocol"		"ExplorerPS/2"
	Option		"Buttons"		"9"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"6 7 8 9"

Because programs tend to have buttons 4 5 hardcoded for the wheel,
I also have /etc/X11/Xsession.d/10local_remap-mouse-buttons

xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 8 9 4 5 6 7"

I even had a simple patch for a while that made sawfish recognize
9 buttons, but have lost it on upgrade and didn't bother to recompile
sawfish with it.

--
Michał Politowski -- mpol@charybda.icm.edu.pl
Warning: this is a memetically modified message