Re: New OpenLDAP 2.1 preview

Hi *,

On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 10:09:40AM +0100, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
>     Torsten> Excuse me, but normally I would expect an admin who
>     Torsten> installs slapd to want to create a directory. I don't
>     Torsten> think we should change that aspect of the postinst.
>
> He said 'insist'... Ie, don't FORCE the creation of a directory...
>
> Just check a variable "Create DB [Y/n] ?" -> if no, don't start/restart
> slapd...
>
> Want a patch?

Not really. It's not really a problem to implement that. I think I
made my position clear - I don't want to do this. That's not because
I am unable to implement it. I just want to make sure that slapd
can be run after installation.

Even if somebody convinces me to implement this misfeature, it will
still have to wait until the important packaging stuff is done.

cu
	Torsten