Re: How to use many (more than 6) button mouse devices?

On Sat, 2003-03-08 at 14:10, Brad Sawatzky wrote:
> Hi Graham,
>
> I have tried that without any luck.  It looks like there might not be
> a stock solution for this -- hence the question to the developers list.
>
> -- Brad
>
> On Fri, 07 Mar 2003, Graham Wilson wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 11:28:36AM -0500, Brad Sawatzky wrote:
> > > I've got myself a Kensington ExpertMouse Pro USB trackball.  The thing has
> > >   6 "special" buttons (ie. intended for exe launching, etc)
> > >   4  regular buttons
> > >   1  wheel
> > [...]
> > > Any suggestions?
> >
> > you might want to ask debian-user, since that is the support list for
> > debian.

You may try to MAP your buttons to certain key strokes like the <alt>-L
<alt>-R for Forward and back in nautilus and galeon with a program
called imwheel (google for it).

Also you must make sure all buttons are seen by X and are working which
can be done with xev. in xev you just click all the buttons in the
square and it outputs if the button is being called or not.

Hope that gets you started (look for a detailed Linux Mouse Howto on my
website in time).

--
Sean Harshbarger

http://harshy.homelinux.org - Personal Website