Re: knoppix/bootcd like software?

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:

> Well, there is mini/mondo in debian, and there is a mkcdrec non debian
> script. Both produce partially live bootable CDs which feature multi-cd
> backup/restore. Ideally for disaster recovery and easy tool usage, not a
> full featured desktop.
I guess Knoppix is a little bit more than this.  Klaus Knopper did a really
great job regarding to implement hardware detection and I know several
People who switched to Debian because they have seen Knoppix and install
the Debian system from this Knoppix CD (even if this is not the recommendet
method).

Kind regards

       Andreas.