Re: Proposal for removal of mICQ package

Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 09:00:10AM +0100, Emile van Bergen wrote:
>
>> Let's judge the offence at hand and not speculate about the perpetrators
>> mind set and the possible future much worse offenses resulting from that.
>
>> This sounds *way* to much like "Sure he wasn't guilty of /that/, but I'm
>> estaaablishing a pettern of behaaaviour here, y'r honor".
>
> This is not a court of law, and we do not have to deliver justice to an
> upstream who has already fucked over our users once.
>
> Rüdiger does NOT have a right to see his program in Debian -- no one has
> that right.

May be, but it seem that some of our user want it, so why forbid them
to have it.

It's the main problem for me here, why do people believed that the
removal of this package will b e a problem for him ? It will only be a
problem for some of our user.

--
Rémi Vanicat
vanicat@labri.u-bordeaux.fr