Re: Spam in bugs database - automatic removal?

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 11:35:50AM +0000, Oliver Elphick wrote:
> I got a spam message that was sent to bug 104394 and 104431.  It is in
> the database on 104394.

It's gone now, thanks. Note that you would have gotten it cleaned out faster
if you mailed us at owner@bugs instead of just debian-devel. :)

> Is there any means for a developer to get these messages removed from
> the database without having to involve the database maintainers?

Nope.

(It would probably be nice if there was some sort of automated interface for
submitting spammed bug numbers, but removing messages from the BTS is
something we really shouldn't be letting everyone do. We let everyone do all
other manipulations with bugs, but whatever they do, there's a log; if we
let them remove the logs...)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.