Re: /etc/network/interfaces & point-to-point ethernet & broadcast address

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 11:59:27AM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > [without manual pages] included in the package, it's not ready for
> > prime-time.
> Good. Then please stop whining and write a man page.

The ip(8) weenies are the ones who should stop making up stories about how
ifconfig is hopelessly deprecated and write a manual page for ip(8).

It seems to be one of the more popular sports, esp. on usenet. A newbie says
"I can't configure my ethernet card!", and half a dozen people respond "Use
ip, it's the way of the future!". Sheesh.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.