Looking for packaging support for a transaction coordinator

Dear all,

I have written a program to coordinate transactions amongst
multiple hosts. It can be used to build reliable redundant
databases which are robust against failure of a node.

It uses a modified version of the Chandra/Toueg protocol with
a distributed failure detector [1].

It doesn't provide a database by itself; rather, it offers
a service on a local network port. To use it, you need to
write a server that coordinates its transactions via this
program, then applies them to whatever database you are using.

If there is interest in such a utility, I would like to
provide a Debian package (GPL'd). However, I'd need some
support in packaging (i.e. a Debian package maintainer)
and documentation (man pages etc.).

The size is roughly 45.000 lines of C code, hopefully ANSI C.
It uses autoconf/automake, TCP and UDP socket networking,
and has been tested on Debian GNU/Linux and verified with

If you are a Debian maintainer and would be interested in
maintaining such a package, please contact me by mail.
My target timeframe for release would be in spring 2004.

T. D. Chandra and S. Toueg
Unreliable failure detectors for reliable distributed systems
Journal of the ACM 43 (1996), pp. 225-267

Claus Fischer <claus.fischer@clausfischer.com>