Re: apt 0.6 in experimental

Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> > That combination works fine here (obivously; I tested the packages before
> > uploading them).  Does apt-get work OK?
>
> It works on apt-get update, but as Nathaniel said, apt-cache search crashes:

Here apt-get cache does not crash, aptitude crashes after it has
finished updating the package lists. But only if it's in GUI mode, not
in command line mode. Or maybe only the first time I run it; the second
and third times it did not crash.

I also notice that apt downloads the whole Release file each time with
apparently no caching. 34kb does take a few seconds extra on dialup.
Either this was better before, or the switch to the larger main release
file had made the time more apparent.

--
see shy jo