Re: Linux 2.6.0

On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 11:52:17PM -0500, Roberto Sanchez wrote:

> >Given that, what do the -mm patches do? It's quite unlikely that they fit
> >in the goal of my package, but if you explain me I could consider it.
>
> They include the important (to me) patches that make it possible to
> run 2.6 on an Athlon/nForce2 without the random lockups every 3 to 5
> minutes.

That bit sounds like worthwile.. but I'd still need a more general description
of what the patches do. I'm concerned about incompatibilities with other
patches and/or with other hardware.

I googled around, but all I could find is the location of the patch itself:

  http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/

with not much documentation.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)