Re: APT-like system for BOINC

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 01:13:48AM -0800, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

||  I don't how this should really affect system administration. I've run
||  several distributed computing projects, all under a user-level
||  account. The only system-level support that seems merited is an init
||  script and a dedicated user account, and both are optional. Packages
||  (deb/rpm/etc) would automate this for people who don't want to bother.

The init script part can be provided by cron, at least under a reasonable
unix.  Just the dedicated user account remains.

Chroot?  Or is that in the BOINC specs already?

Ciao.                                                            Vincent.
--
Vincent Zweije <zweije@xs4all.nl>    | "If you're flamed in a group you
<http://www.xs4all.nl/~zweije/>      | don't read, does anybody get burnt?"