Re: Services I'd like from auric

> Locking down auric is a reasonable long-term strategy, but the
> short-term impact of locking it down *before* mirroring has been
> implemented is that the only people who can even work on the
> implementation are the people who are already the most burdened
> following the compromise; and that the only people who can get
> certain kinds of information to the masses are people that I'm
> (personally) reluctant to bother because they have other
> responsibilities to attend.  How big a deal this becomes is really a
> function of how short-term it is; but as a natural skeptic, I worry that
> it won't be as short-term as people intend.

I fully agree with Steve.

The less people have access to auric, the less likely it is to be
compromised, even if all users have the same security standards.

However, Debian is developed by giving a chance to new developers to
study the Debian infrastructure and learn how things work, so they can
eventually help or replace the people in charge.

One service I'd like:  a way to move delayed uploads to incoming
before the time.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>