[OT] Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 04:20:46PM -0500, Aaron M. Ucko wrote:
> Nathan Hawkins <utsl@quic.net> writes:
>
> > If you wanted Greek names, there are plenty of obscure nymphs, satyrs,
> > centaurs, etc. to choose from. Since the Greeks classified them as
> > neither evil spirits nor deities, many of them would qualify as daemons
> > in the classical sense.
>
> We could also go for "species," especially if we wanted recognizable
> names:
>
> FreeBSD -> faun
> NetBSD  -> naiad or nereid
> OpenBSD -> oread

I always liked licking the creamy center out of oreads before ingesting
the crunchy carapace.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Organized religion is a sham and a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     crutch for weak-minded people who