Re: Debian packages and freedesktop.org (Gnome, KDE, etc) menu entries

Bruce Sass (bsass@edmc.net):

> The above is just the tip of the iceberg with respect to i18n, I had
> roughly the same size savings when I was removing translations from
> KDE2 files---KDE3 has more files, more translations per file, and I
> haven't looked at Gnome.

  Bruce,

  I can't figure out your position on i18n.  Do you think that:

  1. Debian should only provide english
  2. Menu entries should be english only
  3. Packages should individually only include one language
  4. Packages should include all languages, but only install files
     pertinent to the local language
  5. Something else

  I am just curious because I find your opinion puzzling.  None of this
has anything to do with .desktop vs menufile.  If i18n support were
added to menufile it would be the same.

  -Billy