Re: APT-Fu 0.2.3

Miles Bader <miles@lsi.nec.co.jp> wrote:

> Well I certainly have no idea of the historical background of the word,
> but my `guessed derivation' does actually sort of make sense in that
> context...

The reason I think it's incorrect is that although `fu' means husband,
it is not used to mean partner in any other context.  In fact, all of
the a) entries (apart from a4) are always used to refer to people
which isn't appropriate here.

Actually, I did miss one interpretation which means manual labourer.
That may well be appropriate here.

> Do you have a dictionary that gives the historical derivation?

I used

?????????

(that's UTF-8) as the reference.